1. We believe that the one true Gd exists eternally in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – and that these, being one God, are equal in deity, power, and glory. We believe that God not only created the world but also now upholds, sustains, governs, and lovingly directs the affairs of humankind, and that He will one day bring all things to their proper consummation in Christ Jesus to the glory of His name. Psalm 104; Psalm 139; Matthew 10:29-31; 28:19; Acts17:24-28; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Ephesians 1:9-12; 4:4-6; Colossians 1:16-17; Hebrews 1:1-3; Revelation 1:4-6.
2. We believe that only the sixty-six books of the Bible are the inspired, infallible, Word of God. It is the final authority for all we believe and how we are to live. Matthew 5:18; John 10:35; 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21.
3. We believe that Satan, originally a great and good angel, rebelled against God, taking a multitude of angels with him. He was cast out of God’s presence and is at work with his demonic hosts to establish his counter-kingdom of darkness and evil on the earth. Satan was judged and defeated at the cross of Christ and will, at the end of the age, be cast forever into the lake of fire which has been prepared for him and his angels. Matthew 12:25-29; 25:41; John 12:31; 16:11; Ephesians 6:10-20; Colossians 2:15; 2 Peter 2:4; Jude 6; Revelation 12:7-9; 20:10.
4. We believe that Adam and Eve were originally created in the image of God, righteous and without sin. In consequence of their disobedience, and the ratification of their disobedience by every person, Adam and Eve’s posterity are by nature and by choice separated from God, justly condemned in the sight of God, and unable to save themselves. Genesis 1-3; Psalm 51:5; Isaiah 53:5; Romans 3:9-18; 5:12- 21;Ephesians 2:1-3.
5. We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, that He was conceived and born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and offered himself as a substitutionary sacrifice for sinners. By the blood of His cross He obtained for us eternal redemption, the forgiveness of sins, and life everlasting. He was raised bodily on the third day and ascended to the right hand of the Father, there to make intercession for the saints. Matthew 1:18-25; John 1:1-18; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:1-28; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 3:10-14; Ephesians 1:7; Philippians 2:6-11; Colossians 1:15-23; Hebrews 7:25; 9:13-15; 10:19; 1 Peter 2:21-25; 1 John 2:1-2.
6. We believe that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. We believe repentance from sin is a necessary response to God’s grace. The saving grace of God, through the power of the Holy Spirit, sanctifies us as we obey the word of God. We are pleasing to God as His adopted children. We are progressively conformed to the image of Christ as we resist the stronghold lies of the enemy and walk in the spirit and not the flesh. John 1:12-13; 6:37-44; 10:25-30; Acts 16:30- 31; Romans 3-4; 8:1-17, 31-39; 10:8-10; Ephesians 2:8-10; Philippians 2:12-13; Titus 3:3-7; 1 John 1:7,9, 2 Corinthians 10:1-4.
7. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ baptizes believers in the Holy Spirit, in whom also we are sealed for the day of redemption. The Holy Spirit regenerates, indwells, empowers to give witness to Jesus and testifies to our spirit that we are the children of God. We believe that signs and wonders, as well as all the gifts of the Spirit described in the New Testament, are operative today and are designed to testify to the presence of the kingdom and to empower and edify the church to fulfil its calling and mission. Matthew 3:11; John 1:12-13; 3:1-15; Acts 4:29-30; Romans 8:9; 12:3-8; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; 2 Corinthians 1:21-22; Galatians 3:1-5; Ephesians 1:13-14; 5:18
8. We believe that water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are to be observed until the time of Christ’s return. They are not a means of salvation but are channels of God’s sanctifying grace and blessing to the faithful in Christ Jesus. We believe all God’s people are qualified to lead these two functions of worship and service to the Lord Jesus and His people. Matthew 26:26-29; 28:19; Romans 6:3-11; 1 Corinthians 11:23-34; 1 Peter 3:21.
9. We believe that the church is God’s primary instrument through which He is fulfilling His purposes in the earth. To equip the saints for the work of ministry, God has given the church apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers. We also affirm the priesthood of all believers and the importance of every follower of Jesus being joined with and actively involved in a local community of Jesus followers. We believe that women, no less than men, are called and gifted to lead, proclaim the gospel and do the works of the kingdom. Matthew 16:17-19; Acts 2:17-18, 42; Ephesians 3:14-21; 4:11-16; Hebrews 10:23-25; 1Peter 2:4-5, 9-10.
10. We believe that God has called the church to preach the gospel to all nations, and especially to remember the poor and to minister to their needs through sacrificial giving and practical service. This ministry is an expression of the heart of the Lord Jesus Christ and is an essential part of the kingdom of God. Isaiah 58:6-12; 61:1; Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 4:18; 21:1-4; Galatians 2:10; 1 Timothy 6:8.
11. We believe in the second coming of Christ at the end of the age when He will return to the earth personally and visibly to consummate His kingdom. We also believe in and are praying for a great harvest of souls, and that Christ will not return until “this gospel of the kingdom is preached as a witness to all nations, and then the end will come.”
Mathew 24:14; Psalms 2:7-9; 22:27-28; John 14:12; 17:20-26; Romans 11:25-32; 1 Corinthians 15:20-28, 50-58; Ephesians 4:11-16; Philippians 3:20-21; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:11; 2 Thessalonians 1:3-12; Revelation 7:9-14.
12. We believe that when the Christian dies he/she passes immediately into the presence of Christ, there to enjoy conscious fellowship with the Lord Jesus until the day of the resurrection and glorious transformation of the body. The saved will then forever dwell in fellowship with God forever. We also believe that when the unbeliever dies he/she is consigned to hell, there to await the day of judgement when he/she shall be punished with eternal, conscious separation from the presence of God. Matthew 25:46; Luke 16:19-31; John 5:25-29; 1 Corinthians 5:35-58; 2 Corinthians 5:1-10; Philippians 1:19-26; 3:20-21; 2 Thessalonians 1:5-10; Revelation 20:11-15; 21:1-22:15.